In view of the serious and constantly evolving situation, Crayke PC will publish news and advice as it appears.
This post updated 6th June 2020:
- The Crayke Coronavirus Community Support Group is now in place
A leaflet was posted in all properties in Crayke over last weekend, with a list of who to contact.
In particular a special mobile phone is available to call or text.
We have around fifteen primary contacts in the group, some with backup helpers, ready to help with shop runs, prescription runs or simply to call and chat.
So if you live in Crayke and need help, or know someone in Crayke who needs help, and don’t have a copy of the leaflet, then please contact us via our contact page.
- Parish Council news: At our last meeting, held in 17th March just before the current coronavirus lockdown situation, special measures were agreed in line with advice from Government and the Local Government associations (NALC and YLCA). The measures allow us to hold meetings remotely. Hence, until further notice, Council meetings will be held using Zoom video conferencing. The meetings will be open to the public.
- Crayke Open Gardens event (18-19th April) has been cancelled
- Also due to the latest policy on no gatherings, the annual Crayke Litter Pick (Saturday 4th April) has been postponed until further notice. Walkers might like to continue picking up litter on their walks, but please avoid the busy roadsides.
- The Crayke Annual Parish Meeting was previously scheduled for Tuesday 5th May, but it is now proposed that this is postponed until 2021 in accordance with Government advice (to be raised for confirmation at next Parish Council meeting).
- A community support network is in place for the vulnerable and those in isolation in our community. This is a collaboration between the Church, the Parish Council, the Sports and Community group and others. Please look out for further details, or contact us directly.
- North Yorkshire have set up a website “North Yorkshire Buy Local” to help residents find local businesses and tradespeople open for business during the coronavirus restrictions – https://buylocal.northyorks.gov.uk
Latest Government advice on coronavirus may be found here
Latest NHS advice on coronavirus may be found here
Advice and information from the Health and Safety Executive is given here
Citizen’s Advice service: